How to make a FOIA request to the GRATIOT Conservation District
Written requests may be made at any time by filling out the "Gatiot CD FOIA Request Form" found to the right.
Completed forms should be mailed (or hand delivered) along with a $20.00 deposit to:
Gratiot Conservation District
301 E. Commerce Dr.
Ithaca, MI 48847
Oral requests may be made at the monthly board meeting of the Gratiot Conservation District. A $20.00 deposit is due at the time of the request.
Electronic requests are not accepted.
Labor will be billed at a rate that includes the wages, employer taxes, and worker's compensation for the District's office staff. Labor will be billed for:
1. Time spent on searching, locating, and examining public records
2. Time spent for redaction (separating exempt from non-exempt material)
3. Time spent photocopying
4. Time spent creating electronic copies of records
1. As the District does not own a photocopier, charges for photocopies will be whatever the current rate is at the local copy shops along with time spend by District employees and mileage (at the current federal rate) to drive to the copy shop and have the copying done.
2. If it is requested that the copies be mailed, then the actual cost of postage and envelopes will also be billed.
3. If information is requested in another format (such as saved to a jump drive), the cost of any required materials to make the information available will be billed.
1. A minimum deposit of $20.00 is required to initiate a FOIA request.
2. If it is estimated that the cost to fulfill a FOIA request will be $50.00 or more, then a deposit of 50% of the estimated cost is required.
3. Final payment must be made before the requested information is delivered.
4. The first $20.00 of fees will be waived for individuals who can prove that they are indigent (maximum of 2 fee waivers per calendar year for any one individual).
Because the only District staff member able to fulfill FOIA requests works only part time, FOIA requests will be responded to within 20 business days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays.